Getting a drink that tastes great and is free of calories isn’t always easy, but sparkling water offers a flavorful burst of easy refreshment. With a pop and a fizz on your tongue, carbonated water can make you feel like you’re sipping on a soda when you’re actually hitting those hydration goals.
It would be great to have sparkling water at your disposal, wouldn’t it? Well, what if we told you you could? Making sparkling water is the key to enjoying sugar-free healthy drinks while still satisfying your tastebuds, 100% guilt-free.
When you make sparkling water at home, you get to customize the flavor and make it exactly how you like it. You can also save money in the long run by making it yourself. Plus, you get to enjoy the satisfaction of having made it yourself!
Stick with us because this article will help you learn more about the process and provide some tips and tricks to get the perfect drink every time! We'll also discuss the benefits of making it at home and some great flavor combinations you can try out.
Why Make Sparkling Water at Home?
Making your own sparkling water at home comes with a number of advantages; let’s check them out:
- Firstly, it is a much more cost-effective way of obtaining sparkling water than buying it from the store.
- Secondly, making your own sparkling water is more eco-friendly as you don’t contribute to the plastic waste associated with buying bottled sparkling water.
- Those looking to cut down on their sugar intake also benefit from being able to make their own sparkling water, as they can control the amount of sugar added to the water
Now that we’ve covered some of the benefits let’s take a look at some fun facts about sparkling water.
- Sparkling water has been around for centuries, with the earliest version dating back to 1767.
- Glass bottles are better for keeping your sparkling water bubbly.
- You can get bubbly water from a natural spring, typically called sparkling mineral water. It results when carbonic acid permeates a deep water source and creates a subterranean carbonation process.
- Non-alcoholic carbonated drinks are sometimes referred to as “soft” drinks, while alcoholic carbonated beverages are called “hard.”
Equipment Needed to Make Sparkling Water
Making sparkling water at home is easier than you think. All you need is:
- A soda maker
- CO2 cartridge
- Refillable bottles
When selecting the soda maker and CO2 cartridge, make sure both are compatible and that you have enough bottles to contain all the sparkling water you make. That way, you can enjoy your bubbly beverage whenever you'd like!
How to Make Sparkling Water at Home
Here’s a step-by-step breakdown for you:
- Start by filling your soda maker with cold, filtered water.
- Add a CO2 cartridge to the machine, and carbonate it to your desired level Adding CO2 to your sparkling water is a simple process. Simply attach the CO2 cartridges to the soda maker and press the gas release button.
- Once the CO2 is added, it's time to carbonate the water. Place the soda maker on a flat surface, and press the carbonation button. Keep an eye on the soda maker to ensure it doesn't over-carbonate. The perfect level of carbonation will depend on your personal taste, but it's easy to adjust the level of carbonation as needed.
- Keep in mind that the amount of CO2 used will depend on the total volume of water being carbonated. When you’re happy with the level of carbonation, it's time to enjoy your sparkling water!
When it comes to getting the perfect level of carbonation, the best advice is to experiment and find what works for you. Start with a smaller amount of CO2 and gradually increase it until you get the desired level of carbonation. Be sure to monitor the soda maker closely and make sure it doesn't over-carbonate.
Flavoring Your Sparkling Water
Sparkling water is a great, low-calorie alternative to sugary drinks and can be easily flavored with a variety of different ingredients.
- Fruit such as citrus, berries, and melon are great for adding flavor to sparkling water. Simply add a few slices of your favorite fruit to your glass and enjoy the natural sweetness.
- Herbs such as mint, basil, and rosemary can also add a unique flavor to sparkling water. Simply steep the herbs in hot water or muddle them and add them to your sparkling water.
- You can also add a few drops of your favorite syrup to your sparkling water for a sweet and flavorful treat. There are many different types of flavored syrups out there, so experiment and find your favorite!
When creating a unique flavor blend, it’s important to start with a base flavor and then add complementary flavors.
For example, you might start with a citrus base and then add berry or mint for a refreshing twist. You can also try adding spices such as cinnamon or nutmeg for a warm and spicy flavor. Have fun and be creative with your flavor combinations!
Storing and Serving Sparkling Water
Keep your sparkling water bubbly by storing it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Letting the temperature stay stable, between 40 and 45 degrees Fahrenheit will help maintain both flavor and freshness for up to three months.
Furthermore, sparkling water should only be stored for up to three months before it should be discarded. When serving, sparkling water should be chilled to maximize its flavor and carbonation while still remaining palatable.
If you’re looking to turn your delicious drink into an aesthetic pleasure, present your sparkling water in elegant glassware, such as long-stemmed flutes, or champagne coupe glasses, or go the fun route with mason jars. To add a bit of extra sparkle and flair, garnish the glass with a citrus wedge, a sprig of mint, or a few berries.
We’ve covered how to enjoy sparkling water; now it’s time to take a look at our recommendation for enjoying sparkling water to the maximum.
Why You Should Try Drink CENTR's Sparkling Water
Here’s a fun fact for you; Drink CENTR's Sparkling Water is the perfect way to enjoy every sip towards your daily hydration goal!
Our range of sparkling waters are naturally flavored with citrus-forward options and is ZERO calorie while being packed with nootropic and adaptogen energy boosters. Not only that, but they are conveniently ready to drink, so you don't have to DIY.
With its refreshing flavors and high-quality ingredients, you won't be disappointed. Plus, you'll get the added benefits of nootropics and adaptogens to help you feel energized throughout the day.
FAQs About Making Sparkling Water
What is added to water to make it sparkling?
Carbon dioxide is added to water to make it sparkling. This process is called carbonation, where pressurized carbon dioxide gas is released into the water and absorbed into the liquid, creating effervescence and a fizzy, bubbly texture.
Can you make sparkling water at home without a machine?
Yes, you can make sparkling water at home without a machine. You can carbonate your water using a soda siphon or seltzer bottle or by infusing it with carbon dioxide from a pressurized canister.
Is sparkling water the same as soda?
No, sparkling water is not the same as soda. Sodas are typically sweetened, salted or flavored.
Is Sprite sparkling water?
No, Sprite is not sparkling water. Sprite is a brand name for lemon-lime soda, which is sweetened and flavored.
Which is healthier, soda water or sparkling water?
Sparkling water is generally healthier than soda water. Sparkling water is simply carbonated water with no added sugar, sweeteners, or flavorings, while soda water can contain added sugar, sweeteners, or flavorings.
Is sparkling water natural?
Yes, sparkling water is natural. It is simply water that has been carbonated, or it could be natural mineral sparkling water.
Is sparkling water good for you?
Yes, sparkling water is good for you. It is a refreshing alternative to sugary sodas, and it can help you maintain a healthy hydration level.
Making Sparkling Water at Home is Easy, but You Don’t Have to!
Making sparkling water at home is easy and fun! All you need is a soda maker, CO2 canisters or tanks, and perhaps your favorite flavored drink concentrate. But while it can be fun, sometimes you need something on hand.
When we don’t feel like making your own, CENTR Sparkling Water has your back! With CENTR, you get the perfect balance of flavor and a boost of energy, nootropics and adaptogens for a refreshing, guilt-free beverage.
Try CENTR Sparkling Water today and experience the unique flavor and energy boost for yourself!